I-mocca 60 only race @nyc sunday june 13th 2021

Well it was quite the night. The Blake Sea was having troubles all day with sims being offline all day and HUGE boats being parked at crucial sims all week. So the team was busy all day with Linden Lab to have the sims get back online and trying to get the tourists to behave a little.

Right before the race I had a run-in with 2 tourists that didn’t agree with my request to move more to the south. They were blocking half of Blake Sea- Jetsam which was an important sim for the courses to be raced. Everybody had to go through there and pretty close to the sim border too with the wind I had in mind. One of them finally understood and he moved his boat into Siren’s. The other one however refused to move so I returned his boat which escalated in an endless discussion all through the first race. Like I had nothing else to do!! The mood was set…

I decided to mix things up with an unconventional wind for NYC this time. Just to see how it would be picked up and if the racers are up for some variations. I set up a south/west wind of 135 at 18 knots a few hours before the race so people could get acquainted to it.

Gemma was so kind to assist me in RD’ing and taking care of the tourists. When I told her what the wind was she said ‘Better cover your eyes then’. I should have listened to her…

The first start went well. Everybody changed their start tactics and they were all pretty well behaved. Moon crossed the start first and managed to keep the lead until about half way the course when Dae caught up with him and the soap opera of the night started.

As soon as Dae came close to Moon. Dae’s crew member Tamarushka started yelling all kinds of protests which made absolutely no sense to us. We were right on top of them and saw nothing out of the ordinary. What Tamarushka must have been missing for weeks now is that at every briefing, whether at NYC or at St. Aubrey we mention clearly that we only accept protests from skippers and not from crew members. Here is what I said during the skippers briefing just a few minutes earlier:

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

ALSO IMPORTANT:

If someone issues a PROTEST and it appears to be valid we DO NOT

give a 360° turn penalty like we normally would in races. To avoid

disturbing the other racers we give a MOOR PENALTY.

That means that you will get the request from the RD you must

immediately MOOR the boat. You wait until the sails are lowered and

the boat is fully moored before you hoist the sails again and continue the race.

Let it be clear that not responding to a penalty will result in a

disqualification and that all RD decisions are final.

Also protests will be accepted only from the skipper…not from crew members.
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

Well if that isn’t clear enough I don’t know what is.

Soon after the ‘episode’ Dae took the lead and we decided to let it slide and let the race finish normally.

The results of the first race:

RACE 1 - COURSE 131 - W135S18V2G3D+0

Race Results:

1: blondij Resident IDBSC2E7 – 00:16:06

2: moonglownight Resident IDBSBF2E – 00:16:38

3: TgBianca Resident IDBSEB40 – 00:17:03

4: filax Carter IDBS71EC – 00:18:53

5: LivBariough Resident IDBSD9BA – 00:23:25

Lap Times:

blondij Resident IDBSC2E7 – Start: 00:00:24 – Last lap: 00:15:42

moonglownight Resident IDBSBF2E – Start: 00:00:03 – Last lap: 00:16:35

TgBianca Resident IDBSEB40 – Start: 00:00:31 – Last lap: 00:16:32

filax Carter IDBS71EC – Start: 00:00:14 – Last lap: 00:18:39

LivBariough Resident IDBSD9BA – Start: 00:00:40 – Last lap: 00:22:45

Soon after we started race 2. Juicy and Shadow joined the second race. Probably something to do with The Euro Championship and The Netherlands vs Ukraine game that had just finished.

The start of the second race went pretty well. Juicy decided not to change his starting tactic but realized soon he made a mistake and changed it quickly. Shadow started late from the Atlantic rezz zone and missed the wind because of that. I tried to correct it but she didn’t pick it up and she decided to leave the race. Hope to see her next time.

Sea had the best start and crossed the line first with Dae on her tail. Pretty soon though Bianca caught up and managed to take the lead. From that moment on Dae’s crew member started protesting again. Nothing out of the ordinary again other than that Dae was not able to pass Bianca and there was plenty of water between them. Unfortunately the crew member was not amused and started to yell all kinds of things and also a quite severe insult towards Gemma.

Bianca decided to quit the race after hearing all that. She was quite disgusted and honestly I was about to do the same.

Because Bianca quit Dae took the lead and passed the finish first. Sea soon after and Moon right after that.

After a meeting with the RD team however we decided to disqualify Dae for the second race. She as skipper and boat owner is responsible for her team and the behavior of it. Also according to the RL rules the supporting member of Dae’s team, in this case Tamarushka, will be suspended for the next 2 races.

69.1 Obligation not to Commit Misconduct; Resolution

(a) A competitor, boat owner or support person shall not commit an

act of misconduct.

(b) Misconduct is:

(1) conduct that is a breach of good manners, a breach of good

sportsmanship, or unethical behaviour;

(h) When the protest committee decides that a competitor or boat

owner has broken rule 69.1(a), it may take one or more of the

following actions:
(3) exclude the person from the event or venue or remove any privileges or benefits;

We talked about it quite a lot and we all agreed that we do not want the race to become a battle field of insults. We like to keep the race friendly and accessible for advanced and also beginner racers with good sportsmanship as priority.

So after all this the final results for the second race is:

RACE 2 - COURSE 134 - W135S18V2G3D+0

Race Results:

1: filax Carter IDBS71EC – 00:16:44

2: moonglownight Resident IDBSBF2E – 00:17:39

3: juice651 Resident IDBS1CC4 – 00:22:30

4: LivBariough Resident IDBSD9BA – 00:23:18

5: TgBianca Resident IDBSEB40 – not Finished

00: blondij Resident IDBSC2E7 – DSQ

Lap Times:

filax Carter IDBS71EC – Start: 00:00:02 – Last lap: 00:16:42

moonglownight Resident IDBSBF2E – Start: 00:00:20 – Last lap: 00:17:19

juice651 Resident IDBS1CC4 – Start: 00:00:19 – Last lap: 00:22:11

LivBariough Resident IDBSD9BA – Start: 00:00:38 – Last lap: 00:22:40

TgBianca Resident IDBSEB40 – Start: 00:00:10 – Last lap: not finished

blondij Resident IDBSC2E7 – DSQ

Crew member Tamarushka is suspended for the races on June 20 and June 27.

Which brings the overall standings to:

Standing overall St AR - NYC 2021 I-Mocca60V2.8 (Championship) (after 17 races):

Sailor - points(number of races)

Daenerys - 86(13)

Moon - 70(16)

Ian - 67(10)

Viv - 31(7)

Sirius - 29(12)

Larry - 27(5)

Sea - 20(6)

Nicole - 17(4)

Kim - 17(9)

Juicy - 16(11)

Jenna - 10(2)

Liev - 2(2)

Massimo - 1(1)

Vlad - 1(1)

….end of this soap episode…

3 Likes

all said, no more comments

I was not there so I will not comment further, but this sounds pathetic.
As a RD, I will simply state this: Calling unfounded protests and illegitimate ROW calls (like calling “Starboard” when on port) is per se cause for penalty. And repeated offense is definitely cause for DSQ on unsportsmanlike conduct.

2 Likes

i didnt want to say something but the reason to leave the race was this shout towards Gemma for refusing her stupid protests: Tamarushka shouts: OK YOU RD CAN ALSO GO OUT, UNUSEFULL IF NO APPLY RULES.