Laser One Race series - 2 round - Tortuga Nude Beach

Thank you for coming to the second Laser One race.

Congratulations to Bianca and Juicy for their respective victories.

Racers > Bianca - Ester - Juicy - VitorCr - Amy

Waiting for more participants in the coming weeks, yesterday I took an active part in the regatta.

TNB04

We took the start to TNB04 Bianca, Ester, Juicy, Amy. In the first leg Bianca took quite a lead, while I capsize on the first turn, and watched as Juicy and Ester caught me. Bianca continued her solo race to the finish line, while at some distance Amy was still struggling to catch her, a little further back Juicy and Ester fought in each turn of the buoy, Juicy crashed near to finish line.

TNB02

In TNB02 course only Ester - Juicy - Amy take the start (after Bianca leave for an event) Amy take leadership in the blue buoy, Juicy and Ester make respective fight until Ester crash.

TNB03

Juicy leader the race from the start line, followed by VitorCR and Amy. Amy make another capsize, in the blue buoy, and Juicy and VitorCR take distance. Juicy can ear my boat when I up the dagger, and take high speed, reducing the distance. after the green buoy the distance is minimal between Juicy and Amy, finally Amy catch Juicy only 50 meters of the finish line and cross the finish line in first place. VitorCR crash in the way to red buoy.

See you in the next race !

If any want know tricks to go more fast with the Laser One, I can explain, only come here saturday two hours before the race, and Amy get you a lessons.

RESULTS

TNB04 >

Race Results:
1: TgBianca Resident IDBSEB40 – 00:08:15
2: citacg Resident IDBSDCA5 – 00:12:39
3: juice651 Resident IDBS1CC4 – not Finished
4 Montserrat Naidoo IDBSCE61 – 00:09:54 > my result does not count

[11:15]
Lap Times:
TgBianca Resident IDBSEB40 – Start: 00:00:14 – Last lap: 00:08:01
Montserrat Naidoo IDBSCE61 – Start: 00:00:17 – Last lap: 00:09:37
citacg Resident IDBSDCA5 – Start: 00:00:36 – Last lap: 00:12:03
juice651 Resident IDBS1CC4 – Start: 00:00:14 – Last lap: not finished

TNB02 >

Race Results:
1: juice651 Resident IDBS1CC4 – 00:21:57
2: citacg Resident IDBSDCA5 – not Finished
3: Montserrat Naidoo IDBSCE61 – 00:19:28 > my result does not count

[11:48]
Lap Times:
Montserrat Naidoo IDBSCE61 – Start: 00:00:06 – Last lap: 00:19:22
juice651 Resident IDBS1CC4 – Start: 00:00:15 – Last lap: 00:21:42
citacg Resident IDBSDCA5 – Start: 00:00:03 – Last lap: not finished

TNB03 >

Race Results:
1: juice651 Resident IDBS1CC4 – 00:10:06
2: VitorCr Barbosa ID.VB74 – not Finished
3:Montserrat Naidoo IDBSCE61 – 00:10:06 > my result does not count

[12:09]
Lap Times:
Montserrat Naidoo IDBSCE61 – Start: 00:00:23 – Last lap: 00:09:43
juice651 Resident IDBS1CC4 – Start: 00:00:11 – Last lap: 00:09:55
VitorCr Barbosa ID.VB74 – Start: 00:00:07 – Last lap: not finished

4 Likes

Its a shame i can do only the first race, because then i have to jump back home and prepare my regularly Saturday dj set.
I like Amy’s courses there very much. They are well designed and fit nicely into the area between those islands and the winds are well chosen for a nice combination of some challenges for all and with a high potential for exciting duels.
My win yesterday wasnt actually fair. I only used the info text Laser version so far and did it yesterday as well while Amy and Ester used the tell tales version, which is much more difficult to sail fast. I will try to practice this week the tell tales version at hotlaps, get even with them next Saturday and then we will see what i can do next week in the first race.

These races have a high potential for excitement. So guys get your butts up, your Laser Ones out and join the races. You wont regret it…

hugs and kisses
Bianca

1 Like

I am sorry I couldn’t make the regatta because of RL. I will also miss next Saturday because of a RL event. I agree with Bianca, the courses are good, challenging and fun.

1 Like

I love that you use the tell-take version ! That s the only version I use but I found out few were doing it… I will try to add these races in my schedule, cheers!

2 Likes

Well to use the only the two “decoration tell tales” versions to adjust sails in races is either just just lazy or stupid. It should have at least 3 different tell tales. One down, one horizontal and one up.
Then you know at least which direction you have to adjust, like on the Flying Fizz or Lalia’s new boat the “Sjogin”.
That might be one of the main reason why nearly no one uses those.

1 Like

You know when you have the sail too taut when the hull leans too far out of the water, now is the time to let go of rope!

1 Like

i practiced with it at hotlaps and i will learn it quick, but its more difficult for beginners or people who are used to colored Info text HUDs…

1 Like

My take on sailing the tell-tale: keep the sail on the verge of luffing. If you feel you’re slowing down, let go the sail a little until it luffs and take back in as you accelerate again… easier said than done for sure !