Laser One trophy - 2 round - 1 day race - Tortuga Nude Beach

Thank you for coming to first day race of the second round of the Laser One trophy.

Congratulations for Ester and Juicy for respective course win

This Saturday we had the following participants

TgBianca Resident
Montserrat Naidoo
citacg Resident
Juicy651
Melissa

Races at high speeds due to the 21-knot wind blowing from the south west, and which has allowed us in some stretches to reach speeds of 15 knots.

RESUME

Race1 > TNB02S > Southwest - 225Β° - 21 Knots - V2

The race started with some of the skippers asleep to cross the starting line. Amy and Bianca cross the start line fast and heading in high speed to the blue buoy. Bianca has some crosssim issues, and leave Amy leading the course until cross the finish line. In the middle of course Juicy and Ester have again a battle to the second position, in some leg Ester catch Juicy but Juicy always keeps the distance above 10 meters. After turn blue stripped buoy Juicy have a mistake and turn starboard instead port, in the Island of Haddes refugee SIM. And will DSQ. Ester continues to the finish line without any problem. Melissa bravely fighting with the Laser One against capsizes, and they finally come to the finish line, but in the wrong way.

Race2 > TNB03 > Southwest - 225Β° - 21 Knots - V2

After fix the wrong wind on the boat of Melissa, we start the second race. Unfortunately Bianca and Ester leaving to attend her respective RL. Only Juicy, Melissa and Amy start the second race. Here happens the same at the first race, Melissa cross the start line a bit asleep. Amy take advantge and dont leave the leading until cross the finish line again. Juicy fight to reach high speed in the fast legs but dont reduce distance with Amy. Juicy crosses the finish line more than two minutes from Amy’s time. Melissa have a couple of capsizes and lost some time to complete the course.

I hope you get fun in this races !

See you all, in the next Laser One race

If any want know tricks to go more fast with the Laser One, I can explain, only come here saturday two hours before the race, and Amy get you a lessons.

RESULTS

TNB02S

Race1 > TNB02S > Southwest - 225Β° - 21 Knots - V2

Race Results:
: Montserrat Naidoo IDBSCE61 – 00:15:54
1: juice651 Resident IDBS1CC4 – 00:19:36 DSQ turn starboard island instead port
2: citacg Resident IDBSDCA5 – 00:20:59
3: TgBianca Resident IDBSEB40 – not Finished
4: Melissa Mileman IDBSEE69 – not Finished

Lap Times:
Montserrat Naidoo IDBSCE61 – Start: 00:00:06 – Last lap: 00:15:48
juice651 Resident IDBS1CC4 – Start: 00:00:31 – Last lap: 00:19:05
citacg Resident IDBSDCA5 – Start: 00:00:34 – Last lap: 00:20:25
TgBianca Resident IDBSEB40 – Start: 00:00:07 – Last lap: not finished
Melissa Mileman IDBSEE69 – Start: 00:00:55 – Last lap: not finished

TNB03

Race2 > TNB03 > Southwest - 225Β° - 21 Knots - V2

Race Results:
: Montserrat Naidoo IDBSCE61 – 00:07:59
1: juice651 Resident IDBS1CC4 – 00:09:37
2: Melissa Mileman IDBSEE69 – 00:11:53

Lap Times:
Montserrat Naidoo IDBSCE61 – Start: 00:00:01 – Last lap: 00:07:58
juice651 Resident IDBS1CC4 – Start: 00:00:08 – Last lap: 00:09:29
Melissa Mileman IDBSEE69 – Start: 00:00:22 – Last lap: 00:11:31

β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„
:sailboat: TORTUGA NUDE BEACH - RACING - LASER ONE trophy - RACE SERIES :sailboat:
β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€

The LASER ONE trophy have a total of 16 courses, 2 courses for week, if you scoring at the races and are in the top 3 sailors will can win a prize.

Laser One races - Scoring - 12th June 2021

Skipper name             #Course        Score       Total

1 place > Ester Citag____________TNB02S/TNB03_____25/xx___________25
2 place > Juicy651______________TNB02S/TNB03_____XX/25__________25
3 place > Melissa Mileman______TNB02S/TNB03_____XX/20__________20
4 place > Bianca________________TNB02S/TNB03_____XX/XX___________0

2 Likes

I tested the sims and the course before the race and it seemed a bit rough for me. On one crossing my cam broke so i decided to get a new boat for the race.
Yes i started a nearly parallel to Amy, but with the little faster line and thought great i will reach first buoy first. But then the surprise. I stopped to zero at the first crossing, had to adjust my sails new and gain speed again. In this moment Amy passed me, but i thought the course is long and i get her again.
But then the stopping to zero happened at the next crossing again and on every following one again. I have up after the first half of the course. This was no fun at all.
Back at the start line i re logged for a test and the first 2 crossings were normal again. No stopping anymore. I have no clue what happened between the test and the race when i took a fresh boat copy.
Then i had to leave for my dj set and i cant say how the second race would have gone. Lets see next week.
Thank you Amy for cool courses and races there.

2 Likes

Sorry to read about your issues, Bianca.
It seems to me that older TMS and Bandits are more prone to crossing issues.
I suspect some older script function may be no longer supported the same after all the corrections LL applied to sim crossing at the time of the cloud migration.
But that a only some β€œwild goose chase” type of findings…

1 Like

One of the things I most generally hate about all shipbuilders is the lack of interest in troubleshooting old boats. When I bought my Bandit 25R last year, I was embarrassed to see how badly this boat crossed the sim’s. And my question is obvious, as a product that is not exactly cheap does not receive any kind of update.

2 Likes

strange thing was that it happened only to me and was probably fixed after a relog again… i will watch it for the Laser next weeks

Uggo did a kit for the B25 that works very well and reduces the issues to a minimum

2 Likes