Laser One trophy - 2 round - 2 day race - Tortuga Nude Beach

Thank you for coming to second day race of the second round of the Laser One trophy.

Congratulations to Bianca for both course win

This Saturday we had the following participants

TgBianca Resident
citacg Resident
Justin
VictorCr
Montserrat Naidoo

Races at high speeds due to the 18-knot wind blowing from the south, and which has allowed us in some stretches to reach speeds of 15 knots.

Some photos:

Justin - Ester - Amy

Justin

Ester

Amy

and VictorCr in action

RESUME

Race1 > TNB02 > South - 180Β° - 18 Knots - V2

The race started very well for Bianca and Amy, who were vying for the lead until the arrival of the blue buoy. but on the turn Amy lost control and made a pretty ridiculous capsize. They lose all chance of winning the race here. Justin and Ester almost board the sunken boat, Bianca went to the yellow buoy followed at some distance by Justin and Ester. Justin manages to narrow his distance a bit from the crowd. Ester for a bit of speed towards the middle of the leg and Amy takes the opportunity to pass it to her with her Laser One at full speed (13 Knots).

Justin passes Bianca on the way to the sapphire buoy, but it was just a mirage, as soon Bianca happens to pass Justin again in the turn of the buoy. Amy sees how unsuccessful her efforts are to bridge the gap between her and Bianca / Justin. Bianca arrives first at the red buoy, and has already taken some distance to justin (5 meters). Amy narrows the distance to the last part of her leg before reaching the red buoy, and she can almost see the stern of Justin’s Laser One up close. In the turn to the yellow buoy nothing outstanding happens. But in the long leg between the yellow buoy and the green buoy, Amy lift the dagger of her One laser and reduces distance at high speed (15 Knots) with Justin and Bianca. And you can almost see him catch and pass Justin but Amy makes a mistake on the way to the blue buoy, losing a lot of speed, and Bianca and Justin manage to keep and increase distance with Amy. Ester after two weeks without sailing with the Laser One has lost practice, and makes mistakes that make him lose speed. Bianca and Justin continue on their way and go through all the turns of the next buoys disputing the lead. after turning the scratched red buoy Amy regains distance from Justin and Bianca, but she will never be so close enough to pass them. Finally all three reach the finish line. two minutes later he crosses the finish line Esther.

Race2 > TNB04 > South - 180Β° - 18 Knots - V2

Victor joins us to compete in the final race this Saturday of the Laser One trophy.

The last race starts excitingly, Bianca, Amy and Justin all three together reaching the blue buoy, the turn is favorable to Amy who manages to get in the lead, Bianca Justin and Ester go after him at close range. in the turn to the yellow striped buoy Amy gets some distance with Justin and Bianca. and arrives at the scratched sapphire buoy alone, in the turn of that buoy justin reaches a certain speed and catches Amy near the room of the scratched red buoy. justin yells LEEWARD, but Amy doesn’t have room to maneuver because she has the buoy in front of her, Justin leaves leeward and goes to starboard to face the buoy in the opposite direction, to be able to turn it well afterwards. Amy turns the buoy, And Bianca catches Justin, Amy lifts the dagger from the laser One and goes at high speed (15 Knots) to the purple buoy, Bianca follows her at some distance, until they reach the red buoy scratched that Bianca manages to reduce distance with Amy. but Amy puts water back between the two of them when she reaches the scratched blue buoy and turns the scratched pink buoy at high speed. after this turn Amy goes solo to the finish line followed by Bianca and Justin. Upon reaching the finish line, Amy stops her One laser 2 meters from crossing the finish line so as not to alter the championship result.

Ester and Victor continue their learning with the Laser One, and reach the finish line within 10 minutes of starting the race. I hope you can soon be in the positions you deserve. Learn fast and well!

I hope you get fun in this races !

See you all, in the next Laser One race

If any want know tricks to go more fast with the Laser One, I can explain, only come here saturday two hours before the race, and Amy get you a lessons.

RESULTS

TNB02

Race1 > TNB02 > South - 180Β° - 21 Knots - V2

TORTUGA NUDE BEACH RACING - StartLine :
Race Results:
1: TgBianca Resident BSeb40 - Race Time: 0:16:23
2: SteveLL Resident BS7263 - Race Time: 0:16:42
3: Montserrat Naidoo BSce61 - Race Time: 0:17:27
4: citacg Resident BSdca5 - Race Time: 0:18:49

Lap Times:
TgBianca Resident BSeb40 - Start: 0:00:04 - Last lap: 0:16:19
SteveLL Resident BS7263 - Start: 0:00:09 - Last lap: 0:16:33
Montserrat Naidoo BSce61 - Start: 0:00:05 - Last lap: 0:17:22
citacg Resident BSdca5 - Start: 0:00:11 - Last lap: 0:18:38

TNB04

Race2 > TNB04 > South - 180Β° - 21 Knots - V2

TORTUGA NUDE BEACH RACING - StartLine :
Race Results:
1: TgBianca Resident BSeb40 - Race Time: 0:08:27
2: SteveLL Resident BS7263 - Race Time: 0:08:34
3: citacg Resident BSdca5 - Race Time: 0:10:37
4: VitorCr Barbosa BSe2f8 - Race Time: 0:10:56
5: Montserrat Naidoo BSce61 - Race Time: 0:11:13

Lap Times:
TgBianca Resident BSeb40 - Start: 0:00:03 - Last lap: 0:08:24
SteveLL Resident BS7263 - Start: 0:00:04 - Last lap: 0:08:30
citacg Resident BSdca5 - Start: 0:00:16 - Last lap: 0:10:21
VitorCr Barbosa BSe2f8 - Start: 0:00:15 - Last lap: 0:10:41
Montserrat Naidoo BSce61 - Start: 0:00:04 - Last lap: 0:11:09

β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„
:sailboat: TORTUGA NUDE BEACH - RACING - LASER ONE trophy - RACE SERIES :sailboat:
β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€

The LASER ONE trophy have a total of 16 courses, 2 courses for week, if you scoring at the races and are in the top 3 sailors will can win a prize.

Laser One races - Scoring - 26th June 2021

Skipper name             #Course        Score       Total

1 place > Ester Citag____________TNB02/TNB04_______15/15__________55
2 place > Bianca________________TNB02/TNB04_______25/25__________50
3 place > Justin_________________TNB02/TNB04_______20/20__________40
4 place > Juicy651______________TNB02/TNB04_______XX/XX__________25
5 place > Melissa Mileman______TNB02/TNB04_______XX/XX__________20
6 place > VictorCr_______________TNB02/TNB04_______XX/10__________10

3 Likes

The races were even a lot more exciting than Amy has written them.
On my test run before the first race i didnt have much hope to see the finish line, because i lost my cam several times and my animations froze. But it got better in every race and i was happy to be a part of these exciting races and being competitive.

Thank you very much Amy organizing these fun races.
hugs and kisses
Bianca

1 Like

It was a fun race and one of the few that I sail most of the course with a smile on my face, happy I didn’t get lost in the islands this time. Camera issues seem to be common here, I sailed most of the last race with it so far off and not responding to my cam hud that I capsized. Oh well, it was a hot day and the swim felt good. Congratulations Bianca on both of your wins and thank you Amy for the races.

2 Likes