Laser One trophy - 2 round - 3 day race - Tortuga Nude Beach

Thank you for coming to third day race of the second round of the Laser One trophy.

Congratulations to Justin and TgBianca for respective course win,

This Saturday we had the following participants

TgBianca Resident
citacg Resident
Justin
Juicy
Montserrat Naidoo

Races at high speeds due to the 18-knot wind blowing from the south west, and which has allowed us in some stretches to reach speeds of 14 knots.

Some photos before the first race:

from right to left - Bianca - Justin - Ester - Juicy - Amy

Bianca

Justin

Ester

Juicy

Amy

In the committed boat - Yoli

RESUME

Due to the malfunction of my PC during yesterday’s races, I can only provide a rough summary of what I saw.

Race1 > TNB04S > South West - 225Β° - 18 Knots - V2

Bianca and Justin soon took the lead in the race, and before turning the first buoy they were already vying for first place. turning the blue buoy Bianca opens up a bit and justin manages to put the bow in front of Bianca, then justin arrives first a couple of meters ahead of the scratched yellow buoy. Behind them Ester and Juicy start the usual war for the 3rd position, with changes of position in some legs. When Justin reaches the scratched red buoy, he sees Bianca catching her, they both turn and head for the purple buoy, with their daggers raised and picking up a bit of top speed (13Knots), after turning the purple buoy, Bianca makes navigation mistake and heads for the scratched pink buoy, while Justin continues on the good route through the scratched green buoy, and then no longer opposing the scratched blue. Bianca’s mistake, causes Amy to panic and opens the map to make sure she has to go to the scratched green buoy. Justin reaches the finish line with Bianca just behind him, winning his first Laser One trophy race. Amy stops her Laser One next to the committee boat, waiting for Ester to arrive in third place and Juicy in fourth place. Amy resumes walking and crosses the finish line in fifth place.

Race2 > TNB03 > South West - 225Β° - 18 Knots - V2

At the beginning of the second race my problems started, with continuous screen freeze and total loss of control of the boat, which prevented me from following and really recounting what happened at the head of the race.

So I will make a brief summary.

Bianca and Justin contested the lead again, until Justin lost control and made a crash that prevented him from continuing the race. Amy wasted so much time on the way out that only catch Juicy in the turn on the sapphire buoy, and so Justin, Juicy and Amy this group got to the red buoy together, then to the yellow buoy, Justin take some distance from Amy and Juicy, who were scratching the paint on the Laser One continuously, until Amy was able to unravel. Juicy and Amy arrive at the green buoy together, but I don’t know why Amy didn’t see the green buoy and turned on the side of CCW instead of CW, so Amy had to make a turn to get the right turn, moment in which Esther catches Amy and leaves her behind. In the over reach the finish line and in that order Bianca, Juicy, Ester and Amy.

I hope you get fun in this races !

See you all, in the next Laser One race

If any want know tricks to go more fast with the Laser One, I can explain, only come here saturday two hours before the race, and Amy get you a lessons.

RESULTS

TNB04S

Race1 > TNB04S > South West - 225Β° - 18 Knots - V2

TORTUGA NUDE BEACH RACING - StartLine :
Race Results:
1: SteveLL Resident BS7263 - Race Time: 0:08:51
2: TgBianca Resident BSeb40 - Race Time: 0:08:53
3: citacg Resident BSdca5 - Race Time: 0:10:48
4: juice651 Resident BS1cc4 - Race Time: 0:11:17
5: Montserrat Naidoo BSce61 - Race Time: 0:11:57

Lap Times:
SteveLL Resident BS7263 - Start: 0:00:09 - Last lap: 0:08:42
TgBianca Resident BSeb40 - Start: 0:00:14 - Last lap: 0:08:39
citacg Resident BSdca5 - Start: 0:00:16 - Last lap: 0:10:32
juice651 Resident BS1cc4 - Start: 0:00:29 - Last lap: 0:10:48
Montserrat Naidoo BSce61 - Start: 0:00:26 - Last lap: 0:11:31

TNB03

Race2 > TNB03 > South West - 225Β° - 18 Knots - V2

TORTUGA NUDE BEACH RACING - StartLine :
Race Results:
1: TgBianca Resident BSeb40 - Race Time: 0:09:05
2: juice651 Resident BS1cc4 - Race Time: 0:10:09
3: citacg Resident BSdca5 - Race Time: 0:10:48
4: Montserrat Naidoo BSce61 - Race Time: 0:10:53
4: SteveLL Resident BS7263 - Not Finished

Lap Times:
TgBianca Resident BSeb40 - Start: 0:00:07 - Last lap: 0:08:58
juice651 Resident BS1cc4 - Start: 0:00:13 - Last lap: 0:09:56
citacg Resident BSdca5 - Start: 0:00:05 - Last lap: 0:10:43
Montserrat Naidoo BSce61 - Start: 0:00:48 - Last lap: 0:10:05
SteveLL Resident BS7263 - Start: 0:00:03 - Last lap: Not Finished

β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„
:sailboat: TORTUGA NUDE BEACH - RACING - LASER ONE trophy - RACE SERIES :sailboat:
β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€

The LASER ONE trophy have a total of 16 courses, 2 courses for week, if you scoring at the races and are in the top 3 sailors will can win a prize.

Laser One races - Scoring - 03th July 2021

Skipper name             #Course        Score       Total

1 place > Bianca_______________TNB04S/TNB03_______20/25__________95
2 place > Ester_________________TNB04S/TNB03_______15/15__________85
3 place > Justin________________TNB04S/TNB03_______25/XX_________ 65
4 place > Juicy651_____________TNB04S/TNB03_______10/20__________55
5 place > Melissa Mileman_____TNB04S/TNB03_______XX/XX__________20
6 place > VictorCr______________TNB04S/TNB03_______XX/XX__________10

2 Likes

OH well, maybe some wondered where i was Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and most of Saturday. My motherboard died on Wednesday evening after my dinner. I got a used one for Thursday evening from the repair guy to host the windsurfing races while the new parts for my PC were ordered. On Friday and Saturday they fixed it, but well nor all as we thought. I couldnt for example get SAM Broadcaster running again and had to switch to Mixxx, which means playlists from 5-6 years are all lost. Well and a couple of other things didnt work as usual. So i came a bit stressed out to these races.
In first race i had either the wrong USB on or it was wrong inside… i dont know but when i realised it i had to sail after the map only. I could keep quite near to Justin and passed him nearly with a little better finish on the finish line. Congrats for the win Justin.
In second race he was in front of me and i tried to make him nervous and it looked as it i succeeded. He capsized at a buoy in front of me, i could pass him, sail away from all others and finish a bit more relaxed.
At the end of race 2 i got suddenly extreme lag and my ping time to the sim was at 390ms. Dont ask me why… So the two open regatta races were very laggy for me and in one i missed a turn and had to sail about 100m back as well.
But with the stress of the days before this races gave me a nice break of all that. And now after another night shift i think i am nearly updated with what i need.

Thank you all for the exciting fun during the races and Amy for the organization.

hugs and kisses
Bianca

1 Like

Nice photos Amy. In the first one I was able to hide behind Bianca’s sail but you got me later so now my wife will know I wasn’t at work like I told her. She’ll yell at me for β€œplaying with sail boats” instead of doing something practical like working and making money to buy her things.

After the capsize I tried to catch Bianca but she is too good. If she gets a decent lead on you there is no catching her. Then the crash. Congrats on the win Bianca, well done in spite of your issues.

2 Likes

Thank you very much Justin and i think i am now at 95% with my updates and my Mixxx is running as well pretty good and i know what i am doing with it